00What We Do
Our specially trained pharmacy compounding staff can make both prescription and non-prescription items to you or your doctor’s specifications.
- Professional Compounding Centres of America (PCCA) certified
- Customize doses not commercially available from drug manufacturers
- Prepare products that are back ordered from commercial manufacturers
- Prepare dosage forms not commercially available
- Prepare veterinary prescriptions with flavours such as chicken, beef or fish in easy to administer dosage forms
- Prepare sterile compounds including injections, nasal sprays and eye drops
- Customize both prescription and over the counter preparations to help avoid allergens, unwanted fillers or accommodate lifestyle choices
- Use our professional resources to come up with solutions to your medication needs
Compounding is a service offered by relatively few pharmacies due to its complexity, the need for highly specialized equipment and the time/experience needed to ensure it is executed properly. Coal Harbour Compounding Pharmacy provides compounding services in both the conventional (medical) pharmacy and herbal dispensary.
Compounding is best described as custom delivery of a medicine, formulated or “compounded” to fill the specific strength/desired delivery system for an individual person. For example, if your physician wishes you to have a drug blended into a transdermal cream, as opposed to given orally, we are able to do this for you. We also provide compounding in the form of sub-lingual troche, suppository or lollipop.
On-site compounding also means we can omit specific substances, such as lactose and other sugars, if they pose a problem for you. We use only the highest quality ingredients during the preparation of compounds. Our modern facility also incorporates a sterile compounding room.
Types of custom products we compound include:
- Topical creams, ointments, gels, lotions
- Transdermal creams
- Sublingual troches
- Capsules (both regular and sustained release)
- Oral liquid/drops
- Sterile injections
- Sterile eye drops
- Nasal sprays
Our clinical herbal dispensary also custom compounds herbal preparations for both customers and health professionals. Types of herbal compounding include teas, tinctures, salves, oils, balms, creams and gels, suppositories and capsules.
Unique herbal formulas compounded in the form of capsules, teas, tinctures and more.
Veterinary prescriptions for your furry friends in tasty, easy to administer dosage forms.
Personalized medications tailored to fit a patient’s needs as recommended by a practitioner.